Skip to main content

Finalize my ETF portfolios

My current core ETF portfolio is VWRD which is Vanguard all world ETF which I think very diversified and suitable for my core portfolio and the other one is IUAG which is ishare US core aggregate bond.

But because I want to tilt my portfolio to emerging market and value so I consider some ETF like:
1. IWVL-iShares Edge MSCI World Value Factor ETF
this is ishare value ETF with TER 0.3% and AUM 1B (402 Holding all large cap).
2. VDVA - Vanguard Global Value Factor ETF
This is vanguard value ETF with TER 0.22% and AUM 73M (1100 holding include mid and small cap), this ETF is active which use quantitative model.
3. EIMI - iShares Core MSCI EM IMI ETF
This is ishare emerging market ETF with TER 0.25% and AUM 7B (1931 holding include mid and small cap).
4. VFEM - Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF
This is vanguard emerging market ETF with TER 0.25% and AUM 1.5B (1000 holding include large and mid cap).


In the end I prefer VDVA to IWVL because VDVA include small cap and more diversified, the small AUM is a bit worrying but I take comfort that until now Vanguard never close their ETF at all and when I check even though it has small AUM the spread is quite tight and lower TER compare to IWVL is a bonus.
For emerging market I choose EIMI not VFEM because it include South Korean, small cap and more diversified compare to VFEM, and larger AUM is a bonus for me.

I already sold all my unit trust and most of my individual stocks, except the leftover counters because I have some odd lots due to RSP with Maybank KimEng but it is only around 12k
And the rest of my portfolio now only:
1. VWRD - FTSE All-World ETF - 70%
2. VDVA - Vanguard Global Value Factor ETF - 10%
3. EIMI - iShares Core MSCI EM IMI ETF - 10%
4. IUAG - iShares US Aggregate Bond ETF - 10%

I plan to stay with these ETFs only and just do buy and hold every month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing my core portfolio - part 1 (Equity)

Since I sell all of my unit trust, I plan to use the cash to buy ETF from London stock exchange, at first I'm divided between buying the ETF from US or buying Ireland domicile ETF from LSE or HK ETF.

After some research I found out the benefit of buying US domicile ETF are:
1. Higher trading volume and tighter spread compare to the ETF in LSE
2. More choices, for example: I check all big provider like iShare, Vanguard, SPDR but there's no good option for small cap ETF, sectors ETF or income ETF in LSE, most of them has low AUM and low trading volume.
3. Lower expense ratio.
4. Higher AUM.

The benefit of buying Ireland domicile ETF or HK ETF are:
1. No dividend witholding tax, US have 30% dividend witholding tax.
2. Higher estate tax limit (US limit is only $60k)

But because I decide to buy and hold, I think the extra cost of wider spread and less ETF option will not be a problem for me.
So I start looking around for ETF in LSE and HK, my criteria are:
1. Low expen…

Replacing my personal accident insurance

Last week I just let my personal accident policy from AIA to lapse because I noticed that the premium is quite expensive compare to others.
I paid $395 for:

I checked some other insurance company like Sompo, Aviva, Chartis Etiqa and FWD, all of them are cheaper than my current one.

In the end I decided to take FWD because they premium is quite cheap and they cover food poisoning and infectious desease too.
So I just go ahead and buy online their lowest package which cover:


For this package I only need to pay $73 (I bought when FWD have national day discount with code "SG52") but even if it is without discount, it still much cheaper than my previous AIA policy, yes the benefit is bit lower than my previous AIA policy but I already have good coverage from my term life policy so I don't need high death benefit anymore, what important for me is the medical benefit and also the coverage for food poisoning and infectious disease.