Skip to main content

Lazada mess up my order

Last month I pre-order 1 item from Lazada and yesterday I got sms that my ordered is cancelled and the refund is being processed, and the email explanation they gave is:
Dear xxx ,
Our terms & conditions allow a maximum of one voucher to be redeemed per order. Thus please be informed that we have cancelled the order below. You can place this order again without using a voucher.

Which I think quite absurd because even though it's true I bought it using voucher code when there is lazada tech sale, but I only used 1 voucher and actually in their system we can only input 1 voucher code only.

When I chat with their customer support what he said is the issue is the voucher code can only be used once not multiple time, but the fact is on that week I only buy 1 item so it's impossible I used it multiple time.
 My friend which bought the same item also got his order cancelled with the same reason, but he showed me his invoice he didn't even use any voucher code.

When we tried to place the order again, the item price is already increase. And when I ask the customer support, the email response is:
With regards on the pricing, that is seller's discretion for the price posted on the website.
 but the item I bought is sold and fulfilled by Lazada

So I don't know it's either there is some error in the system which causing auto cancellation and they just give random explanation because my friend who bought the same item without voucher also got cancelled or Lazada can just cancelled the already confirmed order and ask us to order again at increase price at their discretion.

Update: After couple of email back and forth, finally they admit that there is some issue in their system.
"We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
We have check that you only used once for the voucher code 15HSBCTECH. However, this is a system issue and we make sure that our team is working diligently to fix this issue."

Comments

  1. Ha! Ha!

    The same thing happened to me too.

    But I self-collected my item from local vendor immediately after I had an order number.

    The joke was Lazada wanted to refund me my money.

    Ha! Ha!

    One word, dealing with them is a joke if not a "disaster".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess, and their email support also doesn't help much except giving standard answer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Replacing my personal accident insurance

Last week I just let my personal accident policy from AIA to lapse because I noticed that the premium is quite expensive compare to others.
I paid $395 for:

I checked some other insurance company like Sompo, Aviva, Chartis Etiqa and FWD, all of them are cheaper than my current one.

In the end I decided to take FWD because they premium is quite cheap and they cover food poisoning and infectious desease too.
So I just go ahead and buy online their lowest package which cover:


For this package I only need to pay $73 (I bought when FWD have national day discount with code "SG52") but even if it is without discount, it still much cheaper than my previous AIA policy, yes the benefit is bit lower than my previous AIA policy but I already have good coverage from my term life policy so I don't need high death benefit anymore, what important for me is the medical benefit and also the coverage for food poisoning and infectious disease.

Choosing my core portfolio - part 1 (Equity)

Since I sell all of my unit trust, I plan to use the cash to buy ETF from London stock exchange, at first I'm divided between buying the ETF from US or buying Ireland domicile ETF from LSE or HK ETF.

After some research I found out the benefit of buying US domicile ETF are:
1. Higher trading volume and tighter spread compare to the ETF in LSE
2. More choices, for example: I check all big provider like iShare, Vanguard, SPDR but there's no good option for small cap ETF, sectors ETF or income ETF in LSE, most of them has low AUM and low trading volume.
3. Lower expense ratio.
4. Higher AUM.

The benefit of buying Ireland domicile ETF or HK ETF are:
1. No dividend witholding tax, US have 30% dividend witholding tax.
2. Higher estate tax limit (US limit is only $60k)

But because I decide to buy and hold, I think the extra cost of wider spread and less ETF option will not be a problem for me.
So I start looking around for ETF in LSE and HK, my criteria are:
1. Low expen…

What I learn from refinance & repricing my home loan

Early last year I refinance my home loan from UOB to DBS because it's already 3 years and my rate is going up, I choose DBS because their spread is fixed for the whole loan tenure, at that time the DBS loan officer told me that the rate will go up so better to settle now at that time I got rate FHR18 + 1.25% which is 1.85%.

But turn out after couple of month I check DBS have new rate FHR18 + 0.9% which come to 1.5% only for the whole loan tenure so not even 1 year since I refinance I already need to reprice my home loan again, there is repricing fee but for 0.35% difference it will breakeven in only half year.

What I learn from my experience doing refinance and repricing:
1. The officer will always try to give an impression that the loan package is on limited time, that they will increase the rate soon, it's happened to me when I'm refinance and it happened again when I want to reprice, and guess what just now I check DBS just reduce the rate again they have new…